Friday, December 11, 2009

Roll With It, Baby


So we’ve been doing these letting go meditations for the last few days – letting go of all the “stories” we create & lug around -- physically, mentally, emotionally – you know the drill.

And I hadn’t freaked out about slow internet or no internet, well, since the last time I did ;-) Ironically enough, despite all the letting go meditations, it all came ba-ack, in full force. Irritation, annoyance about not being able to log on and get my work done. It’s hard to let go in meditation when you’re holding on and ruminating, lol!

So Word is my outlet as I wait for pages to load & document my frustrations about the slowness of it all… The other thing is, my time at the ashram is so very structured, from 5:55 am until 11 pm at night (when curfew begins) that there’s not a moment to spare. The latest solution I’ve come up with is to roll out of my lower bunk when the symphony of cell phone alarms starts going off at 4 am, sling on my backpack, distract and then slink past the hall monitor, dash across the ashram grounds and then hang out in the cold outside the Net Café to log on with no one else to drag the connection down. True bliss!

(Seriously, after I wrote that yesterday, I did manage to let go for the whole day, as the internet was down again today. What are you going to do, eh? And then miraculously enough, it was back late tonight, no one else knew, and here we are. Okay, now that’s true bliss.

1 comment:

  1. Way to slip in the Winwood title.

    You're so very clever, such a rebel! What, no 3G Network present with your web-browsing smart phone?

    Your days are long! I don't sleep much more than 4 to 5 hours a night, but I'm ADD and tend to meander -- doesn't sound like you're awarded that luxury, but what an experience!

    'Tis blissful reading what you write. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete