Thursday, December 3, 2009

In-Flight Entertainment…

I realized on the way over to London that I’d never landed in Heathrow, so consequently, had never flown the delightful British Airways. Besides the funky-quaint amenities in their care package (a night shade, toothbrush and black socks), they had equally funky tunes on their rock/pop channel. So maybe I don’t get out much, but I know not from David Gray, the Eels, Calvin Harris, Little Boots and Pixie Lott, with this lyric, “I got your email…that you don’t get females.”

And then in all this mix, Alison Krauss, on the rock pop channel? This one, “So Long So Wrong,” helped to drown out the loud French trio in back of me on the way to London, Mon Dieu, Mon Dieu!




Meanwhile, waiting in line to take this photo, I met a tech writer from amazon.com on this way to meet his team of writers in Bangalore, who wanted to take a picture of me by the sign (but I didn’t think you needed that, lol!) And then on the leg to Bangalore, my seat mates were a genetics professor from Washington, who was taking his daughter to visit home. I told him of my ashram plans, got another mini-lecture on safety, followed by his parting words: “just act like you’ve been here before.” Okay, I can do that...

1 comment:

  1. Little black socks? So proper. No smelly feet on the plane. Glad you are safely on the other side of the big ocean.

    ReplyDelete