Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Death Meditation


Yesterday, we experienced the most amazing guided meditations! First is affectionately dubbed the Death Meditation (I know, sounds like a blast, lol!) But it was actually about exploring different layers of fears that we have that make us fear death & dying… pretty fascinating & extremely powerful…

And then the “desires” meditation (I don’t remember what that one is called), exploring all the things that keep us “wanting”…. all those things outside of ourselves that we think are going to make us happy… (i.e., what keeps us “earthbound” & reincarnating, remember, we’re in India J)

Really, I’m fine and well, having a blast, so don’t worry! This photo is apparently a well-known temple that my cabbie stopped to let me take a picture of, pretty classic :-)

P.S. With any luck, I may actually score a towel for later tonight when I wash my hair in a bucket, lol!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool way to keep up on the travels. Good job putting the pictures and videos in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are having a great time. Hope you found a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Towels are overrated! We don't need no stinkin' towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun would it be without a few challenges? Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete